SPRUT Technology Ltd., headquartered at 1 Avtozavodsky, office 6, Naberezhnye Chelny, 423815, Russia, (hereinafter “SPRUT Technology” or “We”) processes Personal Data (as defined below) in the course of its business, including the Personal Data of people using and browsing the SPRUT Technology websites (the "Sites") and providing information via activation.
Personal data ("Personal Data") means any information that may result in the identification of an individual. Non-Personal Data means any information that does not result in the identification of an Individual.
2. DATA COLLECTED
Personal Data may include:
- first and last name
- email address
- telephone number(s)
- login and password
- postal address
- university, degree and courses taken
- company, company size, department and job title
- IP address
- any other Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
In all cases, however, the Personal Data gathered is limited to data necessary to the purposes described under section 4 herein.
For visitors and users of the Sites: in order to use certain functions and features of a Site, SPRUT Technology requires that You provide certain Personal Data when visiting or using the respective Site. You are free to decide whether or not to provide all or part of Your Personal Data. However, if You choose not to provide all or part of Your Personal Data, the purposes as described in section 4 might not be achieved or not properly achieved, some areas and functions of the Sites may not function properly, and/or You may be refused access to certain pages on the Sites. In particular, You will not be authorized to purchase products or services via the Sites.
3. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING CHILDREN.
SPRUT Technology products are not marketed to children under the age of 13 and SPRUT Technology does not knowingly collect, or store Personal Data from children under the age of 13. SPRUT Technology is committed to protecting the privacy of children and if SPRUT Technology becomes aware that such information was collected, it will treat that information as sensitive.
However, certain SPRUT Technology products and services may be appropriate for use by children, and in that case children must seek consent from their parents prior to creating a SPRUT Technology account. Teachers and school administrators may act in the place of parents and provide consent for the collection of Personal Data from children (schools should always ensure that they have received permission from parents to do so).
If parents become aware that their child has provided SPRUT Technology with Personal Data without their consent or without a teacher’s or school administrator’s consent, they can ask SPRUT Technology to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. METHODS AND PURPOSES OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA.
Personal Data is generally collected to carry out the business of SPRUT Technology, such as improving SPRUT Technology’ marketing and advertising efforts and better tailoring SPRUT Technology products and services to customers’ needs.
SPRUT Technology collects and uses Your Personal Data for the purpose of carrying out its business, in particular for the following purposes:
- To enable You to request and receive information related to SPRUT Technology products and services;
- To provide You with a personalized interactive use of the Sites;
- To ascertain Your requirements and interests and provide You with the most suitable products and/or services;
- To allow You to open and maintain an account in order to obtain specialized documentation and technical assistance;
- To enable You to subscribe to a commercial or a support service;
- To enable You to make online purchases of some of our products and/or services;
- To access all the features and options offered by the Sites;
- To enable You to exchange with other users of the Sites;
- To enable You to participate in marketing activities and surveys;
- To enable SPRUT Technology to manage its business relationships, including sales opportunities, commercial offers, purchasing, contracts, orders, and invoices;
- To provide You with commercial or support services;
- To enable You to purchase software licenses, or products or services, download software and/or register software licenses;
- To enable You to register for a seminar, webinar, or event;
- To enable ST to manage its Research & Development activities, including development requests, incidents, and product stability control;
- To process an employment application from You and manage the recruitment sources;
- To manage Your training and/or certification on SPRUT Technology products and services;
- To manage the Anti-Piracy & Compliance program;
- Any other purposes associated with the above purposes.
By providing Your e-mail address, You hereby expressly authorize, SPRUT Technology and its affiliates to use it together with other relevant Personal Data to send You commercial or marketing communications.
SPRUT Technology might also use Your email address for administrative or other non-marketing purposes.
- improve Your user experience through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognize your device so You don't have to give the same information several times, and
- recognizing that You may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do so repeatedly.
- analyze traffic and data on a Site to:
- measure how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast, and
- help SPRUT Technology understand how people interact with a Site so SPRUT Technology can improve the Site.
SPRUT Technology may also use third party vendors to measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Site, and in particular to:
- analyze Your browsing habits and measure a Site’s audience,
- analyze Your interests and offer You targeted marketing or advertising, and
- allow You to share content from the Sites with other people on social networks and to let other people know what You are looking at and how You feel about content (e.g., the “Like” button on Facebook).
In such cases, web beacons and cookies provided by such third party vendors may be used and stored. By transmitting the information generated by these beacons and cookies, the beacons’ / cookies’ settings ensure that IP addresses are anonymous before geo-localization and before storage. Our third party vendors will use this information for the evaluation of Your use of the Site, compiling reports on the Site activity for SPRUT Technology to provide better services to You geared towards Your needs, and provide advertisements to You that are geared towards Your needs. They will not associate Your IP address with any other data they store.
When you browse the Sites, cookies are enabled by default and data may be read or stored locally on your device. SPRUT Technology’ European Sites will notify You the first time You receive a cookie, and then You decide whether to accept it or refuse it. By continuing to use the Site in consideration of the above, You expressly authorize SPRUT Technology to use such cookies.
You can also configure Your browser software to refuse all cookies (including cookies used for web analytics services); if You do so, however, some areas and features of the Site may not function properly and/or You may not access some parts or services of the Site.
6. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING AND STORAGE TERM.
Processing of Personal Data includes using, storing, recording, transferring, adapting, summarizing, amending, reporting, sharing and destroying Personal Data as necessary under the circumstances or as otherwise required by law.
All Personal Data that will have been collected will be stored for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose of such collection and for so long as required by applicable law.
7. LINKS TO WEBSITES NOT CONTROLLED BY SPRUT Technology.
This Site might offer links to third party Websites which may be of interest to You.
Unless SPRUT Technology receives Your express authorization, SPRUT Technology does not share any Personal Data with these third parties. However, SPRUT Technology may provide them with Non-Personal Data.
SPRUT Technology does not exercise any control over the content of third party Websites or the practices of these third parties in connection with the protection of Personal Data that they might collect and are thus not under the control of SPRUT Technology. Consequently, SPRUT Technology declines all liability for the content of third party websites or the practices of these third parties concerning the protection of Personal Data.
It is therefore Your responsibility to inform yourself as to these third parties' privacy policies.
8. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA.
You will have the opportunity to decide whether You authorize SPRUT Technology to use Your Personal Data for a purpose differing from the purpose for which it was originally collected.
SPRUT Technology will also disclose Personal Data to third parties if SPRUT Technology determines that such disclosure is necessary for technical reasons (such as hosting services by a third party) or to protect SPRUT Technology’ legal interests (such as in the event of acquisition or merger by a third company or total or partial liquidation of SPRUT Technology).
Additionally, SPRUT Technology may share Your Personal Data with the reseller assigned to You or in the territory where You are located. SPRUT Technology may also share Your personal data with business partners when SPRUT Technology and the business partner sponsor an event together or participate in a marketing promotion together and in which You engage.
Furthermore, SPRUT Technology may share Your Personal Data with a third party who owns content You wish to access, such as a third-party supplier of a part model. By accessing such content, You consent to SPRUT Technology sending Your Personal Data to the content owner and You acknowledge that Your Personal Data will be processed by the content owner in accordance with its own privacy policies.
SPRUT Technology may also disclose such personal information if required by law or if SPRUT Technology believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, a subpoena, or other court order) or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SPRUT Technology, our customers, or the public.
If allowed by applicable law, ST may also share Your Personal Data with third parties in order to offer You targeted marketing or advertising.
These transfers may be transmitted over the Internet, via mail, via facsimile, or by any other method that SPRUT Technology determines is appropriate and in accordance with applicable law.
9. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO AND RECTIFICATION OF THE DATA.
You have a right to access Your Personal Data. In addition, You have a right to request the rectification, completion, update, and erasure of Your Personal Data. You also have a right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data stored by SPRUT Technology.
If You have an account, You may be able to exercise Your rights of access to and rectification of the Personal Data by logging on to Your account. Otherwise, You may exercise Your rights of access to and rectification of the data by sending an email to email@example.com.
Depending on the scope of the request, SPRUT Technology reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover any out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such access, modification and deletion of Personal Data. SPRUT Technology may deny access to Personal Data in limited circumstances, defined by applicable laws and regulations.
10. DATA SECURITY AND RECIPIENTS.
SPRUT Technology undertakes to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data that You choose to communicate, in order to ensure the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and prevent Your Personal Data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
SPRUT Technology maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, and destruction. As part of those safeguards, SPRUT Technology employs sophisticated technology designed to protect Personal Data during its transmission and prevent transmission errors or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, while SPRUT Technology strives to protect Your Personal Data, in light of the inevitable risks of data transmission over the Internet, SPRUT Technology cannot guarantee full protection against any error occurring during the course of Personal Data transmission that is beyond SPRUT Technology' reasonable control.
Since Personal Data may be confidential, access is limited to employees, contractors, resellers, and agents of ST who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks. All the people who have access to Your Personal Data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and subject to disciplinary actions and/or other sanctions if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, it is important for You to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Data. You are responsible for the confidentiality of Your password and information appearing on Your account. Consequently, You must ensure that You log out of Your session in the event of shared use of a computer.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
Although SPRUT Technology has put in place reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data, we recognize that there is no method of transmitting or storing Personal Data that is completely secure.
However, SPRUT Technology is committed to ensure the privacy of Personal Data: if You have a reason to believe that the security of Your Personal Data has been compromised or misused, You should contact SPRUT Technology by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unauthorized access to Personal Data or the improper use of Personal Data may constitute offenses under local law and under the regulations in force within each company in the ST group.